Friday, November 24, 2017

Let The Holidays Begin

Yesterday with Thanksgiving, the Holiday season began.  In the spirit of the day, I spent time reflecting on the things for which I am thankful.  I have a wonderful husband, a loving family, and without a doubt the very best friends.

I would be disingenuous if I let readers believe I sat in quiet contemplation all day.  No, I ate, read and screamed...(at football).  All this comprised my Thanksgiving traditions and for this too I am thankful.

"Madison Avenue" executives would have us believe today is black Friday; but, not for me.  I stay in.  I continue my own personal read-a-thon and football marathon and I begin the decorating frenzy. My reading consists of Christmas stories.  December is devoted to stories of the season from Thanksgiving Friday until New Year's Day.  I begin listening to holiday music as well.  In that vein, yesterday I read The Thanksgiving Visitor by Truman Capote and I began reading A Christmas Journey by Anne Perry.

Now, today, it all begins.  I have a list of books to fill the season, the remote control to switch from game to game, and boxes of decorations close at hand.

To name only three things for which I am thankful seems so limited despite the fact that two are broad categories.  I am thankful for so much more.  In addition to family and friends, I have my faith, my freedom, and the ability to enjoy all.

.....Let the Fun Begin

No comments: