Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Life Goes On

-  or does it?  I have not been writing for several moths.  It seems as though I have been busy, but not really.  I have been existing.  Life is uncomfortable tor me.  I am happy but not.  I need a change and I know one is coming, but can I wait.

We moved to Chesapeake, Virginia in September of 2015 to be near family.  After two years it is apparent that our move does not make a world of difference to the Navy so family is gone and we are stuck  -  alone.  I feel like I am in prison.  We have no friends here; we didn't bother.  We had family.  Now we have no one

Gloomy?  Sounds like it, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  When our lease is up in March of 2018 we will return to Delaware, our home.  This is where all our friends are.  This is where we have family rooted at the beach.  This the where friends from our careers can come to visit.  This is where we belong.  I can't wait.

I am not going to stop living while I wait.  I have let too much time slip by already.  To be clear, Jim and I have fun.  We travel.  We read.  We binge watch TV.  We laugh and we are enjoying our year old German Shepherd, Maggie.  But come spring we are packing up and heading home.

In the meantime, I am here.  I am going to get back to what makes me feel like I have accomplished something - a way to prove that I am living not simply existing.

Join me on this journey from nothing to oh so much something.

No comments: