Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday Finds


I had a small book haul this week.  I went to the library and checked out Tricky Twenty-Two by Janet Evanovich and Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas.  Two very different books but I wanted both.  

I am a huge Janet Evanovich fan especially the Stephanie Plum series.  This series has two of my all time favorite characters, Lula and Grandma Mazur.  They are worth the whole series.  I don't think I can look at diets or "ho's" the same way again.  Lula's diets are legendary.  My favorite is the "just eat one" of anything you want.  Lulu ate one box of donuts and then one bucket of chicken.  Now that is my kind of diet.  Ho's are another story.  I don't know any ho's but if I did I'd want them to be just like Lula.

Who can make a viewing a date night?  Grandma Mazur.  Funerals and viewings are her form of entertainment.  I'll go with her but only if they are serving food.

It seems almost wrong to write about Bonhoffer in the same post but that is the other book I found.  I read a review over at Great Book Study and was intrigued.  It seems appropriate given that I just finished The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah which centered on the Nazi occupation of France.  Can I handle another Nazi book?

Finally, at the library, I picked up the April edition of Book Page.  I like to go through and mark the books I want to read and then put them on hold.  I usually get some great picks.  

It is a warm day here in Chesapeake with a hint of rain.  A perfect day to sit on my balcony with one cup of coffee and one good book.







No comments: