Thursday, April 28, 2016

#tbt - First Love



Pool parties were a big thing the summer I turned 15.  The Officer's Club at Bolling Air Force Base in Washington, DC hosted one every week and two boys (brothers) from my church loved to go.  Lucky for me, they would always invite me and my friend.  At first it was just a friendly thing, but eventually it became clear these were "dates."

It was one of the best summers of my teenage years.  I loved those nights at the pool and the band and the music.  I don't know what the band was or even if it was the same band but they covered all the popular songs.

"Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones was a hit that summer and it was the one song everyone wanted to hear.  I loved dancing to that.  My boyfriend was so funny and while I tried to do just the right dance, he let the music carry him.  Even when we were going on other dates, if that song came on the radio, he would jump and shake.

Whenever I hear that song, I am immediately transported to that pool on a warm summer night in 1965.  I think of Richard and I smile.

Ultimate Classic Rock
from Amazon.com


No comments: