Saturday, April 16, 2016

What Matters Most


It's not hard for me to list the things that matter most but I've just spent the morning trying to find just the right picture for each.  That isn't what's important.  What is important is letting coming right out and acknowledging it.

1.  My husband is important.  He makes me laugh,  he knows just what I am thinking, and he knows just what I want to do.  Whether it is hopping in the car and seeing the local sights or booking a cruise to warmer climes, Jim knows exactly the perfect spot.  I'm not a great cook so his way of helping out is making dinner reservations.  He is number one on my list.




2.  My family is important.  Lisa and James and all the grandchildren.  My brother and sister-in-law and nephew and niece and their families.  Cousins, aunts, uncles are always fun encounters.  Of course I had the greatest parents and grandparents who taught me just how to be the "perfect" grandma Wo.

3.  My Church, my faith, and My God are the driving forces for my life.  I have been fortunate to be a part of great churches that have kept me grounded in my walk with God.





4.  I have the best friends.  I am still in touch with high school friends, college friends, and work friends.  They know how to have the right amount of goofy fun.  We don't all agree on politics or reading material, but we know how to laugh and they have been with me to let me cry.



5.  How could I forget my furry child.  Greta is the cutest and most cuddly bundle of love.  She is the smallest dog we've owned but she is big on affection.  Dogs have always been a big part of my life:
Inky, Gladys, Buster, Max, Baron, New Max, Fred, Murphy, Harper, Greta, and Gracie.  I miss the ones who are no longer with me and I treasure Greta even more.



What matters most?  I guess I can sum it up in one word - Love.  Love is what matters the most and I am very blessed.  

No comments: