Monday, April 18, 2016

Musing Mondays



Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn over at Books and a Beat that asks you to respond to one of the prompts listed on her page.  This week I am combining two.

  • I bought the following book last week
  • I am currently reading
When I post a book to GoodReads it links to my Facebook page.  It is usually two or three of my same friends who comment; however, last week when I listed The Lake House by Kate Morton a girl (well woman now) I taught almost 30 years ago responded.  The Lake House has popped up on several pages she reads and she wondered how I like it.  It is now one of my all time favorites and so I gushed a bit about it. 

Later, she got back to me and told me about her current favorite The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. She was off to get The Lake House and wanted me to get The Nightingale so we could then compare notes.

I taught her "Reading/Language Arts" when she was in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.  How could I ignore her enthusiasm over a book even if it has been 30 years?  So off I trooped to Barnes and Noble. There was a lengthy wait list at the library and we were meeting the family at Macaroni Grill for dinner and this just happens to be across the street from Barnes and Noble.  (We picked the restaurant before I knew I needed the book!) 

I had already started Predator by Patricia Cornwell so I wanted to finish it first.  I finally started The Nightingale last night.  I feel like I need to lock it in my car.  I have a list of things I need to do around the house and now I have no desire to clean.  The Nightingale is calling me.  Only a few chapters in and I am hooked.  

I can't wait to facebook AnneMarie!

No comments: